Sunday 21 December 2014

Our First Month in Mexico

Well what a month it's been! I can't actually believe how much we've achieved in one short month. Dave & I arrived here in Ajijic very late on Monday 23rd November followed by our dogs on Wednesday 25th. We spent the first four days as the guests of Ralph & Felipe in Villa Eucalipos, a beautiful pet friendly B & B which I can highly recommend.

The first three days were pretty manic ...... we had appointments at the bank, with the Notario who was dealing with our house purchase and with Thomas Hellyer our wonderful Estate Agent who has guided us through all the legal stuff. Then we had to collect my new car, collect the dogs from the airport (twice, because they weren't there the first time!), visit the new house to check the inventory then off to see the Notario again. All this by Thursday lunchtime - it's no wonder my body & brain took some time to catch up with each other!!

We moved in to our beautiful home on the Friday 27th November and have spent the last three weeks  finding our way around, adjusting to driving here (Dave is definitely more comfortable with the crazy driving habits than I am) and frantically buying enough household goods before our rabble come to stay over Christmas and New Year. As I write, they are somewhere in the blue ether above the USA.

I've taken to carrying my camera with me everywhere because every day there's something crazy or new to photograph. Here's a wee selection below & there'll be more news and photo's after the festive season as we'll be exploring further afield while the girls are here.

Some of our morning dog walk friends

Horses crossing main road outside Sorianna supermarket

We counted 9 Mexican men in this wee truck!

Highway into Guadalajara- just hangin' on in there!


Spotted in Jocotepec - what can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment